The Portuguese islands off the coast of Morocco, Madeira, is currently open to tourists from across the globe who meet certain entry requirements by the government.
Madeira covid restrictions
- All passengers travelling to Madeira must complete this online form 48 hours prior to the flight.
Proof of the filled out form will need to be presented at control points upon arrival.
- All passengers on flights from abroad who carry a negative PCR test for COVID-19 disease, performed within 72 hours prior to disembarkation, in laboratories certified by national or international authorities, upon disembarkation, proceed to their destination, upon presentation of the respective report submitted, in advance, through https://madeirasafe.com.
- Passengers disembarking at airports in the Autonomous Region of Madeira who have not performed a PCR test for COVID-19 will do so at the airport upon arrival.
After performing the PCR test, the passenger will proceed to their destination. The passenger will be informed of the result within the following 12 hours.
As additional preventive measures for COVID-19 in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, the following are recommended:
- Use of a mask, especially in closed spaces and public transport (mandatory);
- Social distance (2 meters between people and avoid crowds);
- Frequent hand hygiene;
- Respiratory etiquette.
However, passengers that present one of the below documents are excepted from presenting the negative COVID-19 test, or to perform one on arrival:
- Medical declaration stating that the passengers have been infected and now recovered from COVID-19, issued in the last 90 days
- Document stating that the passenger has been vaccinated to COVID-19, with an approved vaccine and respecting the immunization period set by the vaccine description
Portugal entry requirements covid
- Before boarding, all passengers must present a certificate of a negative COVID‑19 PCR test carried out not more than 72 hours before their time of departure from the point of origin.
This does not apply to children that have not completed the age of 24 months.
- Third-party nationals without legal residency in Portugal will be refused entry if they do not hold a valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test.
- All passengers travelling to Portugal are required to complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLC) before departure.
- In addition to the COVID‑19 PCR test, passengers arriving from the following countries must undergo a 14-days mandatory quarantine in their homes, or in the places indicated by the health authorities and pre‑register before travelling.
Brazil, Croatia, Cyprus, India, Lithuania, Netherlands, South Africa and Sweden
14 days mandatory quarantine is also applicable to travellers who have visited or passed through South Africa and/or Brazil or India within 14 days prior to their arrival in Portugal.
- Quarantine measures do not apply to passengers whose period of stay does not exceed 48 hours.
Still have some travel questions? Ask in our Travel WhatsApp Group.