In the wake of the damaging COVID-19 pandemic, the state of Goa has also set certain precautionary measures in place to battle the disease wave.
Given the current COVID-19 situation in the country, the government of Goa has decided to continue with a lockdown at all the prime tourist hotspots in the western Indian state.
Do you need a PCR test to enter Hawaii?
Yes. No persons are permitted to enter into Goa state unless they possess a COVID Negative certificate obtained within 72 hours from the time they seek entry into the state.
However, persons with medical emergencies have been exempted from the restriction. They should produce proof of medical emergency or should be travelling in an ambulance. Drivers of vehicles carrying essential goods are also exempted.
- Tourists not carrying a valid COVID-19 negative certificate will be directed to undergo testing for COVID-19 at designated testing centres/hospitals. Thereafter, they will have to go into self-isolation till the test results are received.
The isolation facilities will be provided by the accommodation units themselves, where the tourist made a pre-booking. Once results are received, only and if found COVID-19 negative, the tourist shall be allowed to travel outside the isolation facility.
- All arrivals are screened. Anyone showing symptoms upon arrival will be taken to a medical facility and will be subjected to a COVID-19 test at designated testing centres/hospitals at the tourist’s cost.
- As of February 22, all travellers must upload a self-declaration form on the Air Suvidha Portal, as well as a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the journey. They must also declare via the portal that they will quarantine at home for 14 days on arrival.
- Travellers arriving from the UK or the Middle East must fill in the same form, declaring their travel history of the past 14 days, and any connecting flights on arrival in India, as well as provide a negative PCR test. They will be segregated in-flight or while disembarking and must undergo a further PCR test on arrival at their own expense. They must stay at the airport until they get their results.
Here is a link to the Air Suvidha Portal: https://www.newdelhiairport.in/
Quarantine restrictions in Goa
- There is currently no quarantine restriction in place for travellers arriving at Goa. However, in case any tourist is found to be COVID-19 positive, the accommodation unit will act as per the extant protocol issued by the State Health Department. All costs for COVID-19 tests including the stay at the isolation/quarantine facilities shall be borne by the tourist themselves.
- Transit passengers coming from the UK or the Middle East who test negative can catch their connecting flights but must quarantine at home for seven days, and take a test at the end of the quarantine period.
Which countries are banned from entering Goa?
No country has actually been banned, however, tourists are not yet permitted to enter Goa. Only Indian nationals, those moving to the country as residents, and those from certain countries who qualify for visas other than tourist visas may go.
- From the United States, United Kingdom and Canada, only diplomats and those listed in a government memorandum may travel. Other visa holders from the European Union, Africa and South America may also travel as long as it is not on a tourist visa.
EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article, or entire article, is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on Jetsanza.com. Read our Copyright Policy to learn more about copying from Jetsanza.com.