Ethiopia prides itself as one of the most historical countries on the face of the earth. The country can boast of archaeological establishments and findings that date back over 3 million years. Among its important sites is Lalibela with its rock-cut Christian churches from the 12th–13th centuries. Aksum is the ruins of an ancient city with obelisks, tombs, castles, and Our Lady Mary of Zion church.
Travel to Ethiopia COVID-19
All of Ethiopia’s borders remain open to all foreigners who meet the Ethiopia visa requirement, however, as a result of the deadly coronavirus, travelers and potential visitors must meet the following requirements;
- Travelers must have a negative covid-19 PCR test upon arrival in Ethiopia.
- Screening on Arrival at the Airport in Ethiopia.
- Travelers must fill a mandatory health form upon arrival in Ethiopia.
- Travelers must fill a compulsory travel reports and they would be expected to provide answers to the following questions;
- Country of origin
- Transiting through (if applicable)
- Flight number
- Seat number
- Date of arrival
- Social media phone number
- Passengers without a negative Covid-19 PCR test would be required to undergo a 14-days mandatory quarantine in a government facility.
Still have some travel questions? Ask in our Travel WhatsApp Group.