The maiden flight (Qantas 9 – QF9) of a new non-stop regular service between Australia and the UK arrived at London Heathrow on Saturday.
With a flight time of over 17 hours, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner completed the 9,008-mile journey to arrive slightly earlier than the scheduled arrival time.
Despite Qantas 9 (QF9) making headlines for it’s historic journey from Perth to London, it is not the longest commercial flight. Below are the Top 10 World’s Longest Commercial Flights.
- Doha-Auckland, Qatar Airways, 9,028 miles
- London-Perth, Qantas, 9,008 miles
- Dubai-Auckland, Emirates, 8,824 miles
- Sydney-Dallas, Qantas, 8,578 miles
- Atlanta-Johannesburg, Delta, 8,439 miles
- San Francisco-Singapore, United Airlines & Singapore Airlines, 8,446 miles
- Abu Dhabi-Los Angeles, Etihad, 8,390 miles
- Dubai-Los Angeles, Emirates, 8,339 miles
- Jeddah-Los Angeles, Saudia, 8,332 miles
- Doha-Los Angeles, Qatar Airways, 7,202 miles