If you live in Ghana, then Nzulezu is probably not new to you as you may have heard about the community on several occasions in the media space or in group conversations. But how much do you know about Nzulezu? Well, a little education doesn’t hurt.
Here are few background information about the iconic stilt village.
-Nzulezu is located in the Western region of Ghana.
-And is situated near the village of Benin, 90 kilometres west of Takoradi, the Western regional capital.
-The small stilt village is situated on Lake Tadane.
– Houses on the Lake are constructed with wooden materials and stilt supported structures that easily integrate with the water to help the wooden houses stand firm.
-Nzulezu is among the smallest communities in Ghana and has a population of just 600 people base on the last population census carried out in Ghana.
-In the year 2000, it was nominated as a UNESCO Heritage Site and has grown over the decades in terms of popularity and becoming a major tourist destination in Ghana and Africa as a whole.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Reasons you could be denied boarding on a flight
- Bank Statement For Visa Application: How much balance is enough?
- ‘My bank statement is genuine, why was my visa application refused’ – Question from reader
- Three Ways To Move To Spain Legally