- The boat went down one mile from where Nigeria would be playing against Iceland on June 22
- The Super Eagles fans are currently in Kaliningrad preparing for their World Cup opening match against Croatia on June 16.
11 people have been confirmed dead when a riverboat hosting a traffic cop’s birthday party crashed close to where Nigeria play against Iceland on June 22.
Officer Vitaly Negrash’s 17-year-old daughter and doctor wife were among those who perished when the unlicensed vessel went down in the Volga River, in Volgograd, yesterday.
Reports claim the catamaran with a capacity for a dozen passengers was overloaded with 16 and lacked basic safety features including lights and life jackets.
Negrash died alongside his daughter Inga and wife Elena, in her 30s, when the vessel collided with a barge and sank 800ft from the riverbank during the “drunken” bash.
The search for survivors was called off after the boat was raised from the bottom of the river and hauled to the shore earlier today.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Reasons you could be denied boarding on a flight
- Bank Statement For Visa Application: How much balance is enough?
- ‘My bank statement is genuine, why was my visa application refused’ – Question from reader
- Three Ways To Move To Spain Legally