Yes, you will need to upload a digital photo as part of the DS-260 form submission. The photo should meet the specific requirements outlined by the U.S. Department of State. Here are the guidelines for the photo:
- Format: The photo should be in JPEG (.jpg) format.
- Size and Dimensions: The photo should be square-shaped with a minimum size of 600 pixels by 600 pixels and a maximum size of 1200 pixels by 1200 pixels.
- Color and Resolution: The photo should be in color, with a resolution of at least 24 bits per pixel.
- Background: The background of the photo should be plain and light-colored, preferably white or off-white. Avoid patterns or shadows in the background.
- Head Position and Expression: The photo should be a full-face view of the applicant, with the head centered in the frame and the face fully visible. The applicant should have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open and looking directly at the camera.
- Attire: The applicant should be dressed in normal, everyday attire. Avoid wearing uniforms, hats, or anything that obstructs the face or head unless it is for religious or medical purposes.
- Glasses and Headwear: Generally, it is recommended to remove glasses and headwear, such as hats or caps, for the photo. However, if the applicant regularly wears prescription glasses or headwear for religious or medical reasons, they may be allowed as long as they do not obstruct the face.
When filling out the DS-260 form online, you will have the opportunity to upload the digital photo according to these specifications. It’s important to follow the guidelines precisely to ensure that your photo meets the requirements. Failure to provide a suitable photo may result in delays or complications in the visa application process.
For more detailed instructions and examples, you can refer to the U.S. Department of State’s official guidelines for visa photos or consult the specific instructions provided by the National Visa Center (NVC) or the U.S. embassy/consulate handling your case.
Still have some travel questions? Ask in our Travel WhatsApp Group.