Botswana Visa Application: How I got my Botswana eVisa
Unless you are from a country exempted from obtaining a visa, you will need to apply and have an eVisa approved online before traveling to Botswana. You can check from the Botswana Evisa portal if you require a visa or not.
Before you start the application, make sure you have gathered the required documents. Below are the documents required when applying for Botswana Tourist Visa.
- Scanned Copy of data page of Passport, scanned in PDF (1MB maximum)
- Standard passport photo. Color with size 28mm by 36mm, in JPG
- Hotel Reservation
- Flight Reservation
- Tour Itinerary
Save the hotel reservation, flight itinerary and tour itinerary in a single PDF file.
How to apply
- Visit the application portal at https://evisa.gov.bw/#/home and click on APPLY
- Complete the form with your personal information, passport details and travel information.
- Continue to make payment for your application. A 3D Secure card is needed to make payment.
- After payment, complete your application by providing more details on your travel and where you intend to stay.
- Upload your passport photo, scanned passport copy, and the Hotel Reservation/flight/Tour itinerary and submit.
Apart from the payment receipt, you will not receive any further email regarding the status of your visa application and as such you have to check the status of the visa application frequently.
Return to the application portal and click on CHECK STATUS. Enter the details required. Keep checking in shorter intervals until you see APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS. This status means your application has passed verification and is now processing. The verification process ensures that you have included all the required documents.
If you omitted a document, the status will display a message directing you to upload the document. There will be a back and forth until the verification process is passed. To speed up this process, check the status of your application every hour until it changes to APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS.
It will change to VISA IS APPROVED once the visa has been approved. Print the approval letter and travel along with it.
Botswana Visa Processing Times
It takes up to 14 days to receive a decision on your eVisa application. My application took 10 days (Weekends inclusive) to receive a decision.
If you have any questions regarding your application, you can contact the Botswana Department of immigration and Citizenship through the contact details listed on the Botswana Evisa portal.
I wish you all the best with your Botswana visa application.
EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article, or entire article, is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on Jetsanza.com. Read our Copyright Policy to learn more about copying from Jetsanza.com.