The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship for 2024-2025 presents an incredible opportunity for international students to pursue master’s studies at Utrecht University, one of Europe’s premier research institutions. This fully funded scholarship is available for 20-25 students and covers the full tuition fee along with a grant of €11,000 for living expenses.
The scholarship targets diverse fields, including Global Criminology, various branches of Psychology, Studies in Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance, Comparative Literary Studies, Gender Studies, Mathematical Sciences, and many more. It is designed for one to two years, depending on the duration of the degree program, with a renewal for the second year contingent on satisfactory academic progress.
The scholarship provides a full tuition fee waiver and a stipend of €11,000 per year to assist with living expenses in the Netherlands.
Cost of Studying in the Netherlands Without Scholarship in 2024
In 2023, the cost of studying in the Netherlands without a scholarship varies significantly based on nationality and the type of program. For EU/EEA students, the average annual tuition for an undergraduate program at a public university is €2,314, while non-EU/EEA students generally pay around €11,000. The costs are higher for non-EU/EEA students, but scholarships and grants are available to mitigate these expenses. Apart from tuition, living expenses in the Netherlands average around €800 per month, including accommodation, food, transportation, and miscellaneous costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht University Scholarship
– Top 10% of Graduating Class: Student must have an excellent academic record
– Non-EU/EEA Citizenship: Applicants must be from countries outside the European Economic Area
– Ineligible for Dutch Study Grants and Loans: Applicants should not qualify for financial aid under the Dutch system
– Education Completed Outside the Netherlands: Secondary school and/or bachelor’s degree must be from outside the Netherlands
– Applied for a Master’s Program Starting September 2024: Must be applying for a master’s degree at Utrecht University commencing in September 2024
Submitting an Application for Scholarship at Utrecht University
– Search for a Degree/Subject Program: First, apply for an eligible program at Utrecht University
– Check Scholarship: Find a suitable scholarship at Utrecht University
– OSIRIS Online Application Account: Create an account on the university’s application portal
– Complete Scholarship Application: Fill in the scholarship application form available in your OSIRIS account
– Submission Deadline: Ensure your application is submitted by February 1, 2024, at 23:59 CET.
Still have some travel questions? Ask in our Travel WhatsApp Group.