10 things you need to know about Airbus A380
Emirates A380 operated a historic one-off flight to Accra on Tuesday October 2, 2018 and travel enthusiasts are eager to know more about the Airbus.
Jetsanza.com puts together 10 amazing facts about the double-deck, wide-body, four-engine jet airliner airbus.
Airbus 380 is manufactured by European manufacturer Airbus. It is the world’s largest passenger airliner and several airports have upgraded facilities to operate it.
These are some of the facts about Airbus 380
1. Singapore airliners were the first to receive the World’s largest passenger aircraft and the First flight was made from Singapore to Sydney with 450 passengers on board.
2. Other planes at the airport have to wait up to three minutes before taking off because of the turbulence from its four engines and wingtips.
3. The wingspan of the Airbus A380 is about 79.75 meters. That’s nine London’s Double deckers together
4. It can provide seating for 525 to 853 passengers.
5. Only Twenty Airports in the world have enough longer runways to handle the service of Airbus A380.
6. The A380 is the largest passenger aircraft in history of aviation with its maximum takeoff weight of 1235klb and it weighs 560 tonnes.
7. It requires about 3600 liters of paint to paint the exterior of the aircraft.
8. The A380 has a flying range of totally 15200 km, and also it is used for the two longest non-stop flights; Emirates Auckland – Dubai and Qantas Dallas/Fort Worth- Sydney.
9. The Airbus A380 is said to be one of the biggest Commercial Aircraft in the world, but the truth is that the biggest plane is Antonov An-225, which is much larger than A380.
10. On January 10 2006 , The Airbus A380 made its first flight journey from Medellin in Colombia.