Indian eVisa Application: Step-by-step guide
Tourists visiting India are required to hold valid International Passports along with eVisas.
The Indian eVisa application is very simple and in most cases, Visas are approved and issued within two working days.
Before you go ahead to apply, make sure you’ve already made some travel plans or have an idea of when you are traveling, airport you will be arriving and where you intend to stay. These details would be needed to complete the visa application form.
On the Visa Application website, follow these steps:
1. Click on the eVISA. Make sure you don’t select REGULAR VISA APPLICATION as this will take you through a process and ask you to submit a printed form to the Indian Mission.
2. Fill in the details requested. Choose visa type and then submit.
3. The new page issues you with a Temporary Application ID in this format: 492XA223VZ7W8FZ. Take note of the ID as you may need it in case something happens in the application process. The ID will help you retrieve your application and continue from where you left.
Not all the details on the forms may apply to you. Where it doesn’t apply to you, type in NA. NA means Not Applicable.
When done, SAVE AND CONTINUE
4. This section takes details of your address, family and employment. Key in your address, parents’ details and that of your employment as the form requests. Then SAVE AND CONTINUE.
5. This section asks for more information about your travel. Places to be visited are the cities you intend to visit while in India. In selecting the duration of your visa, note that visas would be valid for only 60 days from the time of your first entry though the entire visa may be valid for 4 months. Indian Evisas are usually double-entry visas. So take advantage and select DOUBLE ENTRIES just in case you may want to visit again soon or visit nearby country that may require you to return to India to catch a flight to your home country. Luckily, this is selected most times by default. So you won’t have to do anything.
Reference Name in India in India is the name of your hotel where you intend to stay. Provide the hotel’s details as reference. Move on to the next page.
6. Answer the simple security questions and move to the next step. Take note that the system selects YES for all. Read through and select NO where appropriate.
7. You are requested to upload passport photo of yourself. Do not crop the photograph in your passport and upload. The photo must be in JPEG Format, Minimum 10 KB , Maximum 1 MB, Minimum 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height) with white background.
8. You are to upload a copy of your passport. Scan your passport photo page or take a nice picture of it. Then convert image to PDF. Make sure it meets the following:
– Format PDF
– Size Minimum 10 KB
– Maximum 300 KB
– Passport Upload- Photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant.
– Photo page of Passport uploaded should be of the same passport whose details are provided in Passport Details section.
– The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document is not clear and as per specification.
9. Submit. Then review the information you provided. If all is well, continue. If not, edit.
10. You have option of paying immediately with visa/mastercard or save the codes provided to pay later.
Once done, a confirmation will be sent to your email and your Indian eVisa should follow in a day or two later.
VISA FEE: USD 80.
EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article, or entire article, is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on Jetsanza.com. Read our Copyright Policy to learn more about copying from Jetsanza.com.