Hungary is a country located in Central Europe. The country is famous for its historic monuments such as the Buda medieval Castle Hill and grand neoclassical buildings along Pest’s Andrássy Avenue to the 19th-century Chain Bridge.
This country like many others has also been affected by the deadly coronavirus pandemic and has such has put in measures like travel restrictions to inhibit a new wave of Covid-19.
Hungary COVID restrictions
currently, travel laws stipulated by the Hungarian government indicate that only Hungarian nationals, non-Hungarian nationals who are permanently resident in Hungary, or non-Hungarian nationals who have permission to remain longer than 90 days, are allowed entry into the country.
However other foreign nationals can enter Hungary for the following reasons.;
- taking part in a Hungarian court procedure;
- carrying out business or other activity justified by a letter of invitation issued by a central government body, an individual regulatory body, or an autonomous state body;
- receiving health care service, certified by a document issued by the health care institution;
- carrying out study or exam duty required by an educational institution, certified by a document issued by the educational institution;
- taking part in cargo-related passenger traffic if the aim of the travel is either to get to the cargo transport’s point of departure or to get home after carrying out such cargo transport duty if certified by a document issued by the employer;
- participation in family events (wedding, funeral, christening);
- taking care of a relative;
- taking part in an international sports-, cultural or religious event of a special significance.
Foreign nationals who have permission to enter Hungary must present a negative covid-19 PCR test.
Hungary quarantine rules
According to the Hungary Foreign Ministry, all travelers must complete a 10-day mandatory quarantine. If the person has no place of residency in Hungary, they must enter a government-designated place of quarantine.
Hungarian citizens returning from abroad are required to quarantine unless they undergo a double testing procedure.
Can I travel to Hungary COVID-19?
Yes, foreigners from European Union member states are allowed to enter Hungary during this covid-19 period, also foreigners with permission can also enter Hungary provided they have negative Covid-19 PCR test results.
Still have some travel questions? Ask in our Travel WhatsApp Group.