South Africa has said that Ghanaians will ‘soon’ not required to obtain visas to enter the country. This promise which was expected to be fulfilled in October 2019 sees no signs of happening soon.
Several comments on social media indicate that some people think Ghanaian passport holders are already enjoying visa-free travel to South Africa. It’s not true. The policy hasn’t come into force.
Holders of Ghanaian passports are still required to obtain visas before traveling to South Africa. The commercial partner of the South Africa High Commission which is responsible for receiving applications on behalf of the commission, VFS Global, now requires that applicants book appointments to submit their visa applications.
No more walk-ins.
As usual, connection men and middlemen are going to charge people to book this appointment which is free of charge. As we do at Jetsanza.com to make travel easy, cheap and safe, we have put together step-by-step guide to help you book the appointment yourself for free.
How to book an appointment to submit South Africa Visa Application at the VFS
- Visit the VFS website. Click HERE for it.
- Register an account. If you have already used the booking system to book an appointment for the Netherlands or any other country, you can go ahead to log in with your details without creating a new account.
- Log in and click on Schedule Appointment.
- Scroll down and select your purpose of travel. You can hover on the See earliest appointment date available to see the earliest date available and click Continue to continue.
- Click ADD APPLICANT and add yourself as a new applicant by completing the form that appears. If you are traveling with others, add all of them. You can add up to 5 persons. Click Continue when done.
- Available dates are marked green. A click on the preferred date will bring up the available times. Choose your preferred time for submission on the chosen date and click Confirm. You are done! .:)
Appointment Confirmation will be sent to your email. If for some reasons you did not receive this email, you can also print from the confirmation page displayed on the VFS website after you clicked on the CONFIRM.
Remember to print the confirmation and take it along during submission. There’s no mention of how earlier you should arrive at the center but you are encouraged to be there at least 15 minutes before your appointment.