Mushrooms apart from being delicious and “easy to consume” are a very healthy source of protein and several other nutrients. They are used for a countless number of dishes from across the globe and are currently grown “everywhere”. With the numerous varieties that exist, also come numerous varieties of dishes.
Earthy Mushroom Stew was first published in 2006 in the Sunset Magazine and has since been innovated by many mushroom lovers. A simply yet filling and nutritious meal of mushroom dish originating from the United States of America, if you love dishes that are “fast”, this is most definitely one of the very fast ones.
Still have some travel questions? Ask in our Travel WhatsApp Group.
Earthy Mushroom StewPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups russet potato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup wide noodles
- 3 cups mushroom broth
- Heat your butter in a deep-fry saucepan. First put in the onion and let it brown, this should take about 4 – 5 minutes. Then put in your chopped mushrooms and cook it for another 5 mins, after which you can now drop in the paprika, tomato paste (keep stirring especially when the tomato paste gets in) and then add the black pepper. After all are in, cook for another 2 minutes. Now take it off the fire and set it aside.
- Now boil your potatoes and set it aside, then boil the noodles and set it too aside. These should take roughly 20 mins in all
- Now put your saucepan in step 1 back on fire, and then pour in the mushroom broth with mild heat, add the potatoes and the cooked noodles. Stir this for about 3 minutes before the next step
- Pour in the onions and mushroom mixture and keep up the heat now, add pepper to your taste, add salt to your taste and keep stirring until it is brown looking, this should take just about 6 – 8 minutes.